Phase 2 or 3
Looking for pasta without cheese or any fat? This one is good with a carb meal or on its own.
- 1 package (16 oz) whole wheat or rice penne or whole wheat or rice elbow twist pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion (Walla Walla or Vidaliea) thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.2 cup chopped basil leaves
- In a large sauce pot, cook pasta according to directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water
- Return pasta to pot
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and salt and pepper. Stir until vegetables are tender and golden. Remove and stir in balsamic vinegar and basil
- Add 1/2 pasta cooking water and yellow pepper mixture to pasta in pot.
- Toss and serve
You can try some different vegetables if you like.
This recipe was taken from Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cookbook: