I love grilling with real charcoal on my Weber grill. Because I get a weekly newsletter from Weber I found this recipe!
- 6 4 – 5-ounce fresh fillets (this recipe works well with catfish or other strong flavored fish), about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
- Lime wedges
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- For relish, in a small bowl stir together lime peel, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, green onion, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a medium bowl combine beans, avocado, and tomato; stir in half the cilantro mixture. Cover and chill until serving time.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning and brushing once with remaining cilantro mixture halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on the ungreased rack over heat. Grill covered as directed.)
- Discard any remaining cilantro mixture. Serve fish with relish and lime wedges.
This and more grilling recipes can be found at: http://bhgchillandgrill.com/home/recipes.php#/category/4/id/2/